Chicken for a Tasty Tuesday
I'm always game to try new recipes. What I struggle with more is coming up with the ideas! This is a delicious way to eat chicken that is family approved! I hope you enjoy and would LOVE to hear what you think!!! Credit for recipe and photo to: https://www.beachbodyondemand.com/blog/chicken-breast-with-feta-and-artichoke-recipe
Chicken Breast with Feta and Artichoke
Total Time: 1 hr. 28 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Yield: 8 servings
1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano, divided use
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, divided use
1½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. ground black pepper
8 (4-oz. each) raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 5 oz.)
1 medium tomato, chopped
½ cup canned artichoke hearts, packed in water, drained
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, reconstituted in hot water for 10
Nonstick cooking spray
1. Combine yogurt, garlic, 2 Tbsp. oregano, 1 Tbsp. parsley, lemon juice, and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Place chicken in a glass dish. Top with yogurt mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, turning once, for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
3. Preheat grill or broiler on high.
4. Combine cheese, tomato, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, remaining 1 Tbsp. oregano, and 1 remaining Tbsp. parsley in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
5. Grill or broil chicken for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle. Set aside.
6. Heat oven 350° F.
7. Place chicken on a baking pan lightly coated with spray. Top each piece with 1 rounded Tbsp. of cheese mixture. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.