Starting the Day Off RIGHT!
All too often we roll out of bed and directly into our busy, demanding schedules. In the process, we neglect our needs by trading them for "more sleep". Sometimes sleep is not always the answer! By taking a little extra time to drink water, meditate, or exercise in the morning you can make your whole day better. Here’s how...
1. Drink a Glass of Warm Lemon Water - This is an excellent way to get your body going! From helping lubricate your systems, to gently easing you awake with the warmth, to aiding your digestive system for the meals to come, warm lemon water is an essential part of a happy morning!
2. Wake Up Earlier - YES - this sounds like a conflict when it comes to being tired; however, if you wake-up and give yourself enough time for that lemon water, a good workout, some relax time, you will find that overall you will be less tired!
3. Floss & Scrape - Your mouth is a priority - it is just often overlooked! Most of us are pretty good with our brushing but did you know that flossing helps prevent heart disease AND that scraping your tongue (a small spoon, or a scraper on a toothbrush) helps alleviate bad breathe and removes bacteria from your mouth?
4. Do a Stretching Routine and/or Workout - whatever program works best for you, go with it! By getting that workout done in the morning, you will not be able to let that "Negative Nancy" in your mind convince you to not workout later!
5. Listen to Uplifting Music OR an Audiobook - I try to focus on the audiobooks as having my water and then coffee in the morning is a great time to hear some amazing Personal Development. We all benefit from trying to become better people; we often just don't have the time to fit in the "reading"! Try audible.com if you are looking for a great place to get PD audiobooks!
6. Meditate for a Few Minutes - Find your quiet, peaceful place and just E.N.J.O.Y. Reflect on what you are grateful for and take time to enjoy the silence (literally and figuratively)!
7. Smile at YOURSELF - You know you're looking in the mirror, fixing your hair, brushing your teeth, scraping your tongue, flossing, putting on makeup - most of which happens in front of the mirror. SO SMILE!!! A real, true genuine smile goes a long way; even if it's a smile to self.
8. Top 3 To-Do's - Write them out, and get them done. If you get other things done as well, that's wonderful, but at least aim for your top 3. It feels SOOOO good to check them off your list!!!
Here's to great mornings everyone!!!